- Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation in May 2020 remained low recorded at 0.07% (mtm), lower than the previous month inflation of 0.08% (mtm).
- Indonesia's foreign exchange reserves at the end of June 2020 amounted to 131.7 billion US dollars, an increase compared to the position of the end of May 2020 of 130.5 billion US dollars.
- Indonesia's trade balance in May 2020 recorded a surplus of 2.09 billion US dollars, after a deficit of 372.1 million US dollars in the previous month
- The rupiah exchange rate experienced high volatility throughout semester I-2020. In the April to early June period, the Garuda currency was able to strengthen more than 15%. At the end of semester I-2020, precisely on Tuesday (6/30/2020) yesterday, the rupiah was at the level of Rp 14,265 / US $.
- Bank Indonesia on 17-18 June 2020 decided to reduce the BI 7- Day Reverse Repo Rate (BI7DRR) by 25 bps to 4.25%, the Deposit Facility interest rate by 25 bps to 3.50%, and the Lending Facility rate by 25 bps to 5.00%.
Monthly Economic & Market Outlook
Disclaimer :This document is for informational purposes only and obtained from a variety of reliable sources, but is not a guarantee the accuracy or completeness and should not be relied on completely. The above conditions may be changed at any time. Forbidden to rewrite anything without written permission from The East Java Regional Development Bank.